Cooking an entire meal in one pan at once? Talk about a dream! Just a few easy ingredients and you have a flavor blasted meal for the whole family. This awesome recipe is in partnership with Salima's Kitchen.
- 1 1⁄2 tsp smoked paprika
- 3 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tsp salt
- 3 tsp pepper
- 3 tsp cumin
- 3 tsp chili powder
- 3 tsp brown sugar
- 1lb steak (I used top sirloin)
- 2 tbsp O-Live & Co. Robust olive oil
- 1 large onion (red or yellow)
- 3 bell peppers
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 bunch cilantro (approx. 1 cup)
- 1-2 avocados
- 2-3 limes
- 20-30 tortillas of choice
- In a small bowl, add all spices with brown sugar and mix well. Set half aside to season the veggies.
- Add steak to the bowl with the remaining half of the spice mix and coat the steak with the dry rub. Finish with a light drizzle (about a teaspoon) of O-Live & Co. Robust oil. Mix until the steak is evenly coated with the oil.
- Preheat the oven to broil. On a non stick sheet pan, arrange sliced bell peppers, jalapeños and onion. Sprinkle with the remaining spice mix and a generous drizzle of olive oil. Broil for 6-8 minutes or until peppers and onions begin to blister and brown.
- Make space on the sheet pan, add the steak and return to the oven to broil for an additional 4-5 minutes (or until the steak develops a nice browned crust on top).
- Remove the sheet pan, flip steak and return to the oven for a final 4-5 minutes, checking the temp of your steak with a thermometer and taking it out of the oven when it reaches your desired level of rare/medium/well-done (recommended temps available above).
- Let the steak rest for 5 minutes and serve with veggies in warm tortillas, topping with avocado slices, lime juice and lots of fresh cilantro.