Chimichurri is one of our favorite uncooked condiments, particularly delicious on grilled meats or fish. A combination of grilled Serranos, Parsley, Cilantro and sweet shallots, with a hint of red wine vinegar. This recipe pairs spectacularly with Grilled Swordfish Skewers. Recipe in collaboration with About to Sprout.
- 3/4 cups O-live & Co. Robust olive oil
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup flat leaf parsley finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro finely chopped
- 1 small shallot or white onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 Serrano pepper charred from cooking with the fish, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt (more to taste)
Combine all ingredients (minus peppers) in a bowl. Whisk ingredients well with a fork to combine all of the olive oil.
Taste test and add more salt to taste.
Let sit at room temperature while cooking the chopped Serrano peppers.
- Heat a grill pan or cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté the peppers up in a pan with some olive oil, sprinkle some salt over them and cook until charred.
Add Serrano peppers to the rest of the ingredients and stir well.