We teamed up with pastry chef Stephanie Laurel to create a mouth-watering Olive Oil Ricotta Cake. Here's the recipe:
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4 tbsp O-Live Everyday olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt (only if using unsalted butter)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the olive oil, orange zest, and lemon juice. Mix thoroughly.
- Mix in the eggs.
- Add in the ricotta cheese and mix.
- Mix in dry ingredients (flour and baking powder).
- Pour in to an 8 inch cake pan.
- Optional: top with nuts and/or fruit of your choice.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp O-Live Everyday olive oil
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar