There's nothing like summer spent on the Mediterranean... but when quarantine strikes, you might as well bring the Mediterranean to your kitchen with this fresh & bright Mediterranean Orzo Shrimp Salad by @thebalancedbite.
- 16 jumbo shrimp, deveined and peeled
- ¼ cup whole wheat orzo
- 4 tbsp + 2 tsp O-Live & Co. Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 lemon, juiced & divided
- ½ cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- ½ medium bell pepper, cored and chopped
- 2 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tbsp minced shallot
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil (salt as needed). Add orzo and cook for about 8-10 minutes, or until it has a firm and chewy texture. Drain and set aside.
- Pat shrimp dry with a paper towel. In a medium bowl, combine smoked paprika, juice from ½ lemon, and 2 teaspoons O-Live & Co. Organic EVOO. Add shrimp to bowl and mix well to coat the shrimp with the spice mixture.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Cook the shrimp for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until it is opaque and cooked through. Make sure the shrimp lies flat on the pan. Cook in batches if needed. Remove from heat.
- Lemon Vinaigrette: Soak minced shallot in white wine vinegar. Combine and mix 4 tablespoons O-Live & Co. EVOO, juice from remaining ½ lemon, minced shallot, white wine vinegar, and 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble the salad: In individual bowls, combine cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, shrimp, and orzo. Drizzle desired amount of vinaigrette over salad. *
- Garnish with remaining parsley. Serve and enjoy!