Oh-la-la... confit sounds quite fancy shmancy doesn't it? Surprise! It's actually an incredibly simple way to prepare fish or shrimp that jam-packs it with flavor (also known as poached)! The best part? It's even BETTER with O-Live olive oil! Here's our new favorite go-to Fall recipe brought to us by @AboutToSprout.
Olive Oil Poached Shrimp
- 2-3 cups O-live & Co. Everyday Olive Oil, enough to cover the shrimp
- 18-24 large shrimp, peeled & raw
- Few springs of any hardy herb; fresh thyme, rosemary
- Salt & Pepper
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat and add O-Live olive oil and herbs.
- Sprinkle peeled shrimp with salt and pepper.
- In batches, add shrimp to the olive oil and poach until the shrimp are opaque in the center (about 5 minutes).
- If you are using less olive oil and it doesn’t cover the shrimp entirely you can baste the shrimp with the olive oil.
- With a large spoon, spoon the olive oil over the shrimp until the shrimp turns opaque.
Sun-dried Tomato Cream Sauce
- 2 tablespoons O-Live & Co. Everyday Olive Oil
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine or broth
- 5 oz. sundried tomatoes (no oil form the jar)
- 1 1⁄4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan, grated
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- In a skillet over medium heat, add in the O-Live olive oil and sauté onion until soft and translucent (about 4 minutes).
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Pour in wine/broth reducing to half, scraping any bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Add the sundried tomatoes and cook for 1-2 minutes to release some flavor.
- Reduce heat to low-medium and add coconut milk and parmesan.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add everything to a blender and blend until smooth. **Add a little broth or water to thin as desired.
Basil & Tomato Pistou
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups basil
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup any hard cheese (ex: parmesan, manchego, etc.)
- 1/4 cup O-Live & Co. Everyday Olive Oil
- In a food processor, add all ingredients except olive oil and give it a blitz until broken down.
- Slowly stream in the olive oil until it is all incorporated.