This creamy, cold, olive oil dream is easy and fun for the whole family! Recipe in collaboration with the wonderful Stephanie Laurel.
- 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups of whole milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of olive oil (*less for a more subtle flavor)
- Lightly simmer heavy cream, milk, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and sugar until you reach a pale yellow color.
- Temper eggs with warm milk mixture and add the rest of the egg mixture into the milk.
- Cook over medium heat until it thickens.
- Transfer to a fresh bowl and stir in the olive oil.
- Once mixed, place in the fridge to sit for about 2 hours.
- Proceed to churn in your ice cream maker.
- Place in the freezer until ready to serve!