Crispy, crunchy on the outside, warm and tender on the inside? Sign me up! Recently, we collaborated with Salima from Salima's Kitchen to create this seriously mouthwatering recipe for chicken nuggets. The best part? They're actually easy to make.
For the nuggets:
- 1 lb chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup flour (I used gluten free flour)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp O-Live Everyday Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (I used gluten free breadcrumbs)
- 4 tsp garlic powder
- 4 tsp smoked paprika
- 4 tsp salt
- 4 tsp pepper
For the sauce:
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp pickle juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1⁄2 tbsp O-Live Everyday Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- fresh parsley
- cracked black pepper & flake salt
- an extra drizzle of honey over the hot chicken
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Cut the chicken thighs into bite sized pieces and season with 1 tsp of the garlic powder, 1 tsp of salt, 1 tsp paprika and 1 tsp pepper.
- Prepare your breading station. Beat the eggs and olive oil in one bowl. Add the flour to the last bowl and mix with another tsp of each: garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Add breadcrumbs to another bowl and season with the remaining spices.
- Coat the chicken pieces by dipping first into the flour, then into the egg, then finally into the breadcrumbs.
- Arrange the nuggets on a parchment lined pan and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 15-18 minutes (depending on the size of your nuggets), flipping halfway through the cook time.
- While the nuggets bake, make your sauce by mixing all ingredients well and serving in a small bowl. Serve with waffle fries and lots of nuggets! Enjoy :)