Preparation Time10 minutes
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil O-live, divided
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Pecorino cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- Combine the basil, garlic, and pine nuts in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Add 1/2 cup of the oil and process until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- If using immediately, add all the remaining oil and pulse until smooth.
- Transfer the pesto to a large serving bowl and mix in the cheese.
- If freezing, transfer to an air-tight container and drizzle remaining oil over the top.
- Freeze for up to 3 months.
- Thaw and stir in cheese.