Looking for an easy appetizer that can wow the whole family? Crunchy asparagus, light creamy ricotta, and touch of citrus zest.... count us in! A cult-favorite by Elise Tries to Cook.
For 6-8 people:
2 Ciabatta Baguettes
1 Bunch Asparagus
1 TSP Lemon Pepper Seasoning
2 TBSP O-Live & Co. Olive Oil
½ Cup Ricotta
1 TBSP Lemon Juice
1 TBSP Lemon Zest
¼ TSP Salt
- Preheat the oven to 415ºF.
- Cut off 1” from the bottom of the asparagus and toss.
- Cut the remaining asparagus in 1” pieces.
- Place asparagus pieces onto an aluminum-lined baking tray and cover with lemon pepper seasoning and 1 TBSP O-Live & Co. olive oil. Place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- While asparagus is roasting, slice the baguette into ⅕ “ thick pieces.
- On a separate aluminum-lined baking tray, place sliced baguettes evenly and drizzle with remaining 1 TBSP O-Live & Co. olive oil. Keep to the side.
- Mix ricotta filling ingredients in a bowl and leave to the side.
- Once the asparagus has roasted for 10 minutes, add the baguettes into the oven.
- Roast for an additional 6 minutes and then remove everything from the oven.
- Top toasted baguettes with a spoonful of the ricotta filling and then two asparagus pieces. Drizzle with additional O-Live & Co. olive oil.