We, at O-Live, love summer and all the refreshing, delicious foods that come with it. Sunnier days means lighter flavors, and that’s why our Mediterranean Lemon Orzo is a season favorite. We toss fresh herbs, lemon juice, and O-Live together to top off a salad that’s super flavorful and just as healthy. Whip it up in minimal time and take it to the neighbor’s barbecue or that last-minute brunch. Then sit back, and let everyone enjoy the O-Live. Oh, and don't forget to thank @realfoodwithsarah for this amazing recipe!
- 16 ounces uncooked orzo
- ½ English cucumber, diced
- ½ small red onion, diced
- ½ cup Kalamata olives, Castelvetrano green olives or a mix
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup sliced pepperoncini from a jar
- 1 (15 ounce) can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup O-Live's Green & Balanced extra virgin olive oil
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Cook the orzo in a large saucepan, according to package instructions. Drain the orzo then rinse thoroughly in a strainer with cold water. Transfer pasta to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients, aside from lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper, to the bowl with the orzo. Pour in lemon juice and olive oil and season with salt and black pepper, about 1 teaspoon of each.
- Toss the salad and serve immediately.