Let me guess... you've been jonesing to find more ways to incorporate O-Live's extra virgin olive oil into the drinks in your life? Us to!
The queen of cocktails, Christy Moyer from The Shared Sip, took it upon herself to do so in the most delicious (and not to mention beautiful) way. Keep reading for the cocktail recipe you'll be making all season long.
- 2 oz vodka
- 3/4 oz spiced pear liqueur (or any pear liqueur) - if unavailable, sub with the pear-rosemary simple syrup
- 1 oz fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 oz pear-rosemary simple syrup (recipe follows)
- O-Live extra virgin olive oil
- cinnamon sugar and O-live Olive Oil for rim/garnish
To Make The Cocktail:
- Rim a coupe or martini glass with lemon juice, then cinnamon sugar. Set aside.
- Shake the first 4 ingredients in a shaker filled with ice, until very cold - about 20 seconds.
- Strain into the sugar-rimmed coupe
- Garnish with a pear slice and a drizzle of O-live olive oil
To Make The Pear-Rosemary Syrup:
- Combine one ripe pear (peeled and chopped) with 2 tsp O-live olive oil in a small saucepan.
- Sauté until the pear starts to caramelize, about 10 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup water, and one rosemary sprig and simmer until sugar has dissolved and pear starts to break down, another 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cool, then strain. Syrup will keep in fridge for about 2 weeks.