Christmas Olive Oil Cookies
Looking for a recipe for your Santa cookies? 🎅🏼 We’ve got the perfect one for you 🍪 This recipe is the best way to enjoy the holiday season and bring in the Christmas spirit 🎄
- 2.5 oz O-Live Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp of Anise beans (or Vanilla)
- 8.5 oz Whole wheat flour
- 2.8 oz Brown Sugar (plus a bit more for dusting)
- Zest of 1/4 Lemon
- 1 1/2 tsp Dry baker’s yeast
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Water
- Start by making the flavoured Olive Oil, add the EVOO to a frying pan, when it begins to heat up, add the anise or vanilla beans. When they begin to sizzle, remove from the heat and let it cool. Finish by adding the lemon zest.
- Preheat the oven at 420º. In a bowl incorporate the dry ingredients, add the flovoured EVOO and the water.
- Knead with a spoon first, then with your hands. When it becomes a dough, cover the bowl with a cloth and let it sit at room temperature.
- Once it’s doubled it’s volume, knead it again and roll it on a flat surface to cut out the shapes. Bake on a baking sheet until the turn to a gold-ish color.
Enjoy! And have happy holydays!