It's February, and love is in the air! Spread the love with these vanilla rose cupcakes filled with raspberry jam and topped with a homemade vegan raspberry rose buttercream. Surprisingly simple, and light, this recipe doesn't disappoint Created in partnership with Flax & Sugar.
Rosewater Olive Oil Cupcakes:
- 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon oat milk
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon rose water
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 2 cups + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons
Raspberry Rose Buttercream:
- 1 cup vegan butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 3 Tablespoons aquafaba (chickpea brine-liquid in a can of chickpeas)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean
- 1 teaspoon rosewater
- 5 cups organic powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup freeze-dried raspberries, crushed
- 1 teaspoon beet powder
- 2 tablespoons dried roses for garnish
- In a large bowl combine 1 1/3 cup oat milk and 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar to make the vegan buttermilk. Let the milk and vinegar sit for about 3-5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 12 cupcake pan with paper liners.
- Then add in 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/4 teaspoon almond extract, and 1 tablespoon rose water.
- Stir in 1 cup of organic cane sugar.
- Then add 2 cups + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda. Stir just until incorporated to avoid over mixing.
- Next, transfer the batter evenly into the cupcake pan and bake for 14-16 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Then remove the cupcakes from the oven and allow them to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing the cupcakes from the pan and transferring them to a wire cooling rack to continue cooling.
- While they are cooling make the buttercream frosting by whipping 1 cup of softened vegan butter and 1/4 cup of vegetable shortening for 2 minutes.
- Then add in 3 tablespoons aquafaba and whip for another 2 minutes.
- Add in 1 teaspoon of vanilla bean and 1 teaspoon of rosewater to the butter and stir well.
- Next, sift in 5 cups of organic powder sugar while whipping continuously.
- Then add in 1/4 cup of finely crushed freeze-dried raspberries and 1 teaspoon of beet powder until fully incorporated and the frosting is super fluffy and pink.
- Remove a small amount of the center of the cupcakes and fill with a raspberry jam.
- Then fill a piping bag with frosting and frost the top of each cupcake.
- Garnish the frosting cupcakes with dried rose pedals and enjoy!