We teamed up with Elizabeth (@Confinemnt_Kitchn) to create this flavor-packed side that can take any ol' weeknight dinner to the next level. This dish is loaded with multi-level flavors, sweetness from the honey and the bold olive oil and thyme. Talk about delicious - here's how you can make it!
- 12 small heirloom carrots (tops on)
- 2 Tbsp O-Live & Co Everyday Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp chopped thyme (extra thyme sprigs for garnish if desired)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Cut the carrot-tops down to 2 inches (if there are tops. If not, just chop off the ends). Then, peel the carrots so the outside is smooth. Cut each carrot in half length-wise. If your carrots are larger, you may want to quarter them as well.
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a medium-large saucepan.
- While water comes to a boil, chop the thyme and ready the rest of the ingredients.
- Once the water is boiling, carefully drop in the carrots. Boil for 2 minutes, then bring to a simmer for about 8 more minutes covered.
- Once the carrots are done boiling, drain and set aside.
- In the same saucepan off-heat, add the olive oil, honey, salt and thyme and stir until the honey and salt are dissolved. You may want to add a few tablespoons of water to stop the sugar from burning.
- Add carrots back to the saucepan and coat with sauce. Stir the sauce and carrots on no heat or low heat (depending on the residual heat of your saucepan). Leave simmering for about 3-5 minutes, stirring often to prevent burning. If the mixture begins to burn, add about a tablespoon of water and stir mixture back together.
- Plate the carrots and drizzle with remaining sauce and garnish with extra thyme sprigs.
- Serve as a delicious side-dish or over a bed of polenta, millet, rice or orzo.