BOO! Did we scare you?
What's really scary is how easy and fun this Easy Peasy Caramel Apples Recipe is for Halloween with family! These Caramel Apples can be made in advance and this recipe makes 5.
- 1 cup (220 g) white sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1/3 cup O-Live olive oil
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of coarse sea salt
- 5 apples (washed, well dried, stem removed)
- Wooden Popsicle Sticks
Feel free to add your favorite topping here! Some of our favorites are:
- chopped peanuts
- chopped toffee
- crushed Oreos
- coconut shreds
Directions - Caramel:
- In a large saucepan on medium heat, whisk together sugar and water and bring to boil, stirring occasionally.
- Once boiling, stop stirring. Boil with lid off until the mixture turns amber in color, about 25-28 minutes. In the meantime, you can gently swirl the pan to ensure even cooking.
- Remove the pan from the heat and immediately whisk in heavy cream, olive oil, vanilla extract, and salt. Be careful as the mixture bubbles. You will need to stir for at least 5 minutes to get everything to emulsify. It will seem like the mixture is not going to combine at first, but just keep stirring and stirring and eventually everything will be well-combined.
- Add additional salt to your liking!
Directions - Apples:
- Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Insert a wooden popsicle stick into the top (stem) end of each apple.
- Dip apples in caramel and spoon additional caramel over apples until evenly coated.
- Combine toppings to garnish as desired, then dip bottom of apples in mixture (pressing gently to aid if needed).
- Place on prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate 1 hour.