Create a WOW appetizer in just 15 minutes. The best part? This recipe is made with simple, fresh ingredients and it'll be a hit for all types of eaters! Created in partnership with Mikaela (@MikaelaMoody).
- 3 ripe tomatoes on the vine
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- O-Live Green & Balanced olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Black Pepper
- Fresh basil leaves
- Fresh cloves of garlic
- Rinse produce
- Dice tomato and peppers
- Place tomatoes and peppers in a bowl with olive oil, salt, and pepper
- Mix thoroughly and set aside
- Slice basil leaves into thin strips (chiffonade)
- Slice baguette at an angle to produce thin, long slices
- Toast slices to desired crispness
- Rub the toasted slices with a clove of fresh garlic
- Plate and top the slices with the tomato and pepper mixture, making sure to get some of the juices, and the chiffonade basil
- Enjoy immediately!
Note: The tomato and pepper mixture will keep for about 5 days in the fridge, so you can absolutely prep this in advance. Serve on the sliced baguette when ready to eat.