Bolt into spring with this delicious vegetarian mushroom pasta. From the fresh lemon on top to the silky sauce. This dish is sure to keep you feeling light and refreshed just like those pleasant spring afternoons. A few simple steps, peas, O-Live oil, and you'll have this flavorful dish in no time... from the hand of Salima's Kitchen.
- 2 tbsp O-Live Organic Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated (plus additional parmesan for the garnish)
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup peas
- 1 box of pasta (16oz) + water to boil + salt
- A handful of arugula or microgreens to garnish
- 1 lemon to garnish
- In a saucepan melt the butter and O-Live & Co. olive oil over medium high heat. Toss in the sliced mushrooms and caramelize until golden brown on both sides. Set the mushrooms on a plate and save for later.
- Get your pasta water and salt boiling in a separate pot over medium high heat.
- Add minced garlic to the pan with the remaining oil and butter. Sprinkle flour in the pan, using whisk to combine the oil and flour. Cook the flour and oil for a minute or two before slowly pouring in the veggie stock and cream, while continuing to whisk.
- Once the sauce has thickened for a few minutes, add in salt, pepper, nutmeg and parmesan cheese, mixing well. At this point, throw your pasta into the water and cook as instructed on the packaging.
- Once the pasta is done, strain (reserving a half a cup of the pasta water) and add pasta to the sauce. Mix the pasta, peas and cooked mushrooms together with the sauce, adding additional pasta water if it feels dry at all.
- Sprinkle with a squeeze of lemon juice, additional parmesan and a light handful of arugula and enjoy!