Valentine’s Day Pizza
- 1 Tbsp dry active yeast
- 1 ¼ cup warm water
- 1Tbsp sweetener (sugar or maple syrup)
- 3 cups flour blend
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp O-Live & Co Olive Oil
- Tomato Sauce or pesto
- Cheese or dairy-free cheese
- Fresh basil
- Balsamic Glaze
- O-Live & Co Olive Oil to garnish
- In a small bowl, combine yeast and 3/4 cup warm water, as warm as bath water. Let set for 5 minutes to activate. Sprinkle in 1 Tbsp of the sweetener
- In a separate bowl, combine gluten free flour blend, salt, and baking powder. Whisk until well combined.
- Make a well in the dry mixture and add the yeast mixture. Add the olive oil and additional 1/2 cup warm water. Then stir it all together until well combined, using a wooden spoon. Knead the dough for 5-10 minutes, adding extra flour as needed.
- Cover with a damp towel and put in a warm place to rise for 2 hours. Meanwhile preheat the oven to 450
- Roll out pizza dough, place on a pan lined with corn meal.
- Spread desired toppings and bake for about 20 minutes.