1/2 cup Italian-style dried bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano
2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
2 TBSP chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
1 TBSP chopped fresh mint leaves
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
28 large white mushrooms, stemmed
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- Stir the bread crumbs, Pecorino Romano, garlic, parsley, mint, salt and pepper, to taste and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium bowl to blend
- Drizzle a heavy large baking sheet with about 1 tablespoon olive oil, to coat
- Spoon the filling into the mushroom cavities and arrange on the baking sheet, cavity side up
- Drizzle remaining oil over the filling in each mushroom
- Bake until the mushrooms are tender and the filling is heated through and golden on top, about 25 minutes
- Serve and enjoy!
I like this with my twist add a cup of minced boiled shrimp to the stuffing.