It's that time of the year again when we overeat and then complain for hour-long rides home that we did so. But this year, we'll do it differently.
Try our olive oil mashed potato recipe: Creamy, delicious, healthy and vegan. All the goodness without the downsides. Buttery flavor without any butter or dairy.
- 1/4 cup O-Live Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 lbs Yukon Gold potatoes
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh chives or parsley to garnish
Peel and cut the potatoes into1-inch pieces
Fill a large pot with water. Enough to cover the potatoes by about 2-3 inches
Bring the water to a boil and add 2 tsp of salt. Add the potatoes to the water and let cook for about 20 minutes until they are tender enough so that you can easily poke through them with a fork
- When potatoes are tender save 1 cup of the cooking water. Then drain the potatoes and return back to the pot
- Mash the potatoes until they are crumbly. You can either use an electric hand mixer on its lowest intensity level or a potato masher. Beware: If you use a hand mixer for too long your potatoes will become gummy. Only mix until you have a creamy, smooth mash
- Add the 1/4 cup of O-Live Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Keep mashing and spoon (1-2 tablespoons at a time) the cup of cooking water that we retained earlier into the mixture until the texture of the mashed potatoes is as desired
- Add salt & pepper and continue mashing until potatoes taste as wished
- Wash the chives or parsley, chop and add to the bowl of mashed potato for garnish
- Enjoy with the entire family!