Lentils not your thing? Think again! Lentil lover? Oh, honey, you've never had them this good! The secret is in the ingredients: the rich tomato-based sauce, high quality O-Live oil, and Moroccan spices dance perfectly in unison. Lentil addiction here we come... by Salima Benkhalti
- 1 tbsp O-Live & Co. Organic Olive Oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, grated
- 1⁄2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 3 roma tomatoes, grated
- 2 cup lentils, rinsed
- 4 cups water
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Toss in minced garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add in grated onion and all of the spices. Simmer for 5 minutes before tossing in grated tomatoes, lentils and water. Bring to a gentle simmer, cover partially with a lid.
- Continue to simmer on medium low for 25-30 minutes or until lentils are cooked through, adding water if the lentils start to look dry.
- Once lentils are cooked through, add tomato paste and stir well until evenly incorporated, adding water if needed. Taste to see if the lentils need any additional seasoning and serve with fresh parsley, paprika and flake salt.