Traditional Mexican food can leave you feeling sleepy and bloated! We linked up with healthy food prep master Erica DeLoera (@HealthyCrumbz) to create a healthy version of everyone's favorite Mexican dish: Shrimp Fajitas!
"Born in a Mexican household, Latin cuisine was part of my life growing up. My dad and I are the big cooks in the family and I always try to recreate his recipes. To this day, fajitas are one of his favorite dishes to make and it's a crowd pleaser every time. I always look for ways to make my recipes healthier and aside from using fresh ingredients, I paired this shrimp fajitas recipe with the Green & Balanced olive oil and it was the perfect addition. Once all the aromas invaded my kitchen, it was as if I was sitting in my parents' kitchen just like the old days." - Erica DeLoera
Enjoy this super quick and easy tasty recipe!
- 1.5 lbs large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons O-live & Co. Green & Balanced olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 2 green peppers, sliced
- Optional: corn or flour tortillas and avocado
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add peeled shrimp and olive oil, toss to coat the shrimp then add all seasonings (salt, chili/garlic/onion powders, and cumin).
- Once shrimp is coated with oil & spices, add onion & peppers and toss to combine with shrimp.
- Place all ingredients on a baking sheet and cook at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Turn the oven to a high broil and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Enjoy with avocado or use tortillas to make tacos with your favorite toppings.
** serves 4**