Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta
2 Cups pasta of choice
4 Cups chopped butternut Squash
1 Yellow onion
1-2 Cloves of garlic
2 Tbsp O-Live & Co Olive Oil
¾ Cup plant-based milk
2 Tsp arrowroot starch (or cornstarch)
¼ Cup nutritional Yeast
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp miso paste
2 pieces leftover bread (sub store bought breadcrumbs)
1 Tbsp O-Live & Co Olive Oil
~10 Sage leaves
Salt and Pepper to taste
Parmesan or dairy free parmesan to serve.
- Preheat oven to 375. Chop onion, garlic, and squash, toss in olive oil, bake for about 35 minutes until squash is tender.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to boil, and cook pasta according to directions.
- Add squash, onion, and garlic to a high-speed blender with the sauce ingredients and blend until smooth.
- To make the breadcrumbs, blitz bread in a blender or food processor until crumbs are formed. Fry in a pan with olive oil, salt, pepper, and chopped sage until crispy.
- Toss pasta in sauce, top with crispy sage breadcrumbs and enjoy!