The only thing better than holiday cheer is holiday desert! Try this festive take on a traditional bundt cake. It's full of cherries, almonds, vanilla and streusel for that extra crunch.
Bring this to your next holiday party, and you're sure to impress!
- Vegetable or canola oil, for greasing
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup fine raw cane sugar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 TBSP finely grated lemon zest
- 1 vanilla bean, split, seeds scraped
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 cups pitted sweet cherries, halved
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 3 TBSP fine raw cane sugar
- 2 TBSP extra-virgin olive oil
1. In a medium bowl, combine flour, almond flour and sugar.
2. Add olive oil and, using your hands, rub oil into the mixture evenly until it forms crumbs.
3. Refrigerate the streusel until chilled (roughly 20 minutes).
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Oil a 10-cup to 12-cup bundt pan.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt.
4. In a large bowl, use a handheld electric mixer to beat sugar, olive oil, lemon zest and vanilla seeds. Continue beating until mixture is fluffy.
5. Beat in the egg, then fold in the dry ingredients and almond milk in 2 alternating additions; scrape down the bowl as necessary.
1. Scatter 2/3 cup of the cherries in the bottom of the prepared pan.
2. Spread half the cake batter in an even layer over the cherries, then scatter another 2/3 cup of cherries on top.
3. Spread the remaining batter in the pan and scatter the remaining 2/3 cup of cherries on top, pressing them gently into the batter.
4. Sprinkle the streusel over the cake.
5. Bake in the center of the oven for about 40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean with a few moist crumbs attached.
6. Let the cake cool for 15 minutes, then turn it out onto a rack.
7. Serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!