When it comes to Thanksgiving, everyone knows that the turkey is the star of the show. But, it's the delicious side dishes that make our families go back for seconds.
This mashed potato recipe may be healthy, but it tastes guilty. The bite of the goat cheese paired with the earthiness of O-Live olive oil really makes this everyday recipe sing. It's just a bonus that you can serve this dish guilt-free, knowing that it's loaded with flavor -- not butter and cream.
The pro-tip for making these potatoes extra silky is to whip them in a stand mixer with the raw goat cheese and herbs. Then, bake them in a baking dish and top them with a coating of olive oil. This will give them a nice caramelized topping, and baking it all together really allows the flavors to meld. These potatoes have a versatile flavor profile and will go great with a turkey, roast, ham or any holiday dish.
- 3lbs yukon gold potatoes
- 10 oz goat cheese
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup O-Live olive oil (plus 2 tbsp for top)
- Roughly chop the potatoes.
- Boil in a large pot of boiling salted water for 20-30 minutes or until very tender.
- While the potatoes are cooking, finely chop the herbs.
- Strain the potatoes well, then add them and all of the other ingredients to the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Whip them together until smooth.
- Transfer to a baking dish and drizzle the top with the remaining olive oil.
- Bake at 400F for 25 minutes or until you have a nice golden crust on top.