Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 50 Minutes
- Cooking spray, for pan
- 1 lb. Italian sausage, casings removed
- 3 tbsp. All-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 c. Whole milk
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 can biscuits, each biscuit cut into quarters
- 1.5 tablespoons of our Everyday O-Live Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. chives, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375° and spray a large baking dish with cooking spray. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until browned all over. Drain if desired and sprinkle flour all over, cook one minute more. Season with cayenne, salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Pour over milk and bring mixture to a boil, whisking to combine. Reduce heat and simmer until thick, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place half your quartered biscuits onto the bottom of your baking dish and pour gravy mixture on top. Top with the remaining biscuits and brush with butter. Place in the oven to bake 15 to 18 minutes, until biscuits are golden and sausage mixture is bubbling.
- Crack some more black pepper over the bake and garnish with chives. Serve.